Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Uh Oh....We've Got A Climber!

So, as I'm washing the dishes (because the dishwasher is non-existent) Riley is running into the kitchen and back to the living room, over and over again. I notice that the last time she went into the living room, she didn't come back. Then all I heard was silence....and any Mom knows that silence is not a good thing. I call out for her (cause I have 1 dish left and I really want to finish these darn dishes), "Riley, where are you??!" and I hear nothing. Again, I say, "RIIILEEEY???" She responds, "Baaaeeedaaaaaee!" whatever that is. I think, "Ok, she's not hurt." I finish the dish, turn the water off, dry my hands and into the living room I go to find her STANDING ON THE COUCH!!!!! I FREAKED! Which is probably the same reaction any Mom would have seeing her child standing on a couch for the first time! I ran to her and pulled her off, told her, "No! No!" but there is no stopping Miss Riley Joy! Once she has learned how to do something it's all about repetition, over and over again. So, like any Mom, I pulled out the camera and (cautiously) recorded my daughter climbing the couch, over and over =)

1 comment:

RD said...

I'm so impressed at how she was able to get back down as well. What a big girl, Riley!