I think we picked one of the hottest days of this summer to explore an "outdoor" park. It was a scorcher and the animals were more than feeling it too. Each and every one of them were crowded in any bit of shade available. I was super grateful we were in our car with a glorious air conditioner blasting! Riley loved seeing all the animals! She would scream and shout when she'd spot an animal and her excitement level was through the roof! I'd say her favorite animal was the ostrich, surprisingly...for some reason they seemed to be in every section of the driving tour which I thought was odd but it made no difference to me. Out of all the animals, she would spot them the most and by the end of the drive she would be screaming, "OSTRICH, MOMMY!!" Nick and I were laughing so hard-we love how her vocabulary is exploding at this age.








After the drive, we had some lunch from their cafeteria (which was a bit yuck in my book) and then we headed over to the new Splash Safari area. This area, was of course packed, not only because it's new but because of the severe heat we're experiencing right now. I was weary to let "Miss R" join in all the chaos that was occurring but Nick said he'd be her bodyguard so I approved and I'm so glad I did! She had so much fun! Riley L.O.V.E.D. it-every bit of it! She ran the entire Splash area about 50 times in a matter of 30 minutes or so. It broke my heart to take her away from the fun she was having but with a thunderstorm is on the horizon, playtime is over and our little getaway came to an end.










We had a great time, even in the heat and we definitely have to make more time for fun outings like this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment